Hunting Retail Sales Manager
- 170003MZ Requisition #
- Feb 15, 2017 Post Date
Field & Stream is seeking an Assistant Store Manager to support store operations.
As a Hunting Manager, you will be responsible for achieving company objectives in profit and loss control, sales performance, customer satisfaction, and shrink results by supporting the Store Manager and overseeing the specific operational aspects of the archery and firearms areas of the store. You will directly manage a team of associates assigned to the Hunting department and have a dotted-line responsibility for managing associates in other areas of the store when serving as Manager on Duty.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Develop schedules for the assigned department(s) and monitor payroll on a daily basis to ensure payroll plans are met
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well as adherence to laws and guidelines of external governing entities, including those of the Federal ATF.
- Manage the sales performance of the assigned department(s) to meet sales and margin goals; plan and schedule associates to complete non-selling activities as needed
- Uphold Field & Stream’s standards for merchandise presentation
- Participate or lead the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for hourly and salaried associates
- Lead consistent evaluation and development of in-store talent
- Issue appropriate counseling and disciplinary action to associates who fail to meet our performance standards
- Drive shrink results through compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention, and cash-handling procedures
Field & Stream is a place where outdoor enthusiasts can connect with the traditions that have developed over generations. We offer the finest selection of merchandise from the most trusted outdoor brands and provide in-depth professional services for archery equipment, fishing gear, firearms and more.
A division of DICK’S Sporting Goods, associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company that makes lasting impacts on our communities through outdoor sport and activity.
- 3 years Retail Assistant Store Manager, Department Manager (Big Box preferred) or Retail Store Manager experience required
- Deep knowledge of firearms and archery equipment
- Extensive knowledge of firearms and current regulations
- Extensive knowledge of archery equipment and common practices
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Flexible availability – including nights, weekend, and holidays
- Ability to meet Federal requirements for handling and processing firearm transactions
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus Programs
Candidates seeking employment with Field & Stream should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
Field & Stream is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-KS1